Privacy & Terms.
Website privacy notice
© Janet Kirlew of Women in Trade Magazine
This is the privacy notice of Women in Trade Magazine.
This notice describes how we collect, store, transfer and use personal data.
In the context of the law and this notice, ‘personal data’ is information that clearly identifies you as an individual or which could be used to identify you if combined.
This notice applies to personal data collected through our website and through social media platforms and online retail platforms which also includes PayPal, Mailchimp.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to any third party.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (‘DPO’) who is responsible for data protection.
If you have any questions about how we process your personal data, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our DPO, Janet Kirlew, founder, and creator of Women in Trade Magazine.
Personal data we process
1. How we obtain personal data
The information we process about you includes information:
• you have directly provided to us either verbally or via our website or events that required sign ups
• that we gather from third party
• as a result of monitoring how you use Women in Trade Magazine.
2. Types of personal data we collect directly
When you use our website, our services or buy from us, [for example, when you create an account on our website,] we ask you for relevant information about yourself and the type of service you purchase in order to efficiently fulfil your order or enquiry.
• personal identifiers, such as your first and last names
• contact information, such as your email address, your telephone number and in some cases your age and address and location
• account information, including your username and password
• payment information, such as a debit or credit card number and in some cases bank details
• records of communication between us including messages sent through our website or email client account
• marketing preferences that tell us what types of service you are interested in including hobbies and other interests that could help us tailor our services
In addition, we may also process:
• documentation that confirms your identity, such as an image and passport ID to confirm residency
• an image that shows your face
• documentation that confirms the qualifications you advertise as holding
• documentation that confirms your employment
• documentation that confirms your address
3. Types of personal data we collect from third parties
We confirm some of the information you provide to us directly using data from other sources. We also add to the information we hold about you, sometimes to remove the need for you to provide additional information
The additional information we collect can include
• information that confirms your identity
• business information, including your business trading name and address, your company number
• information that confirms your contact information
• reviews and feedback about your business on other websites
• unsolicited complaints by other users
4. Types of personal data we collect
By using our website and our services www.womenintrade.co.uk:
• your username and other information used to log in
• information you contribute to our community, including reviews
• your replies to polls and surveys
• usage information, including the frequency you use our services, the pages of our website that you visit
• transaction information that includes the details of the products services you have purchased
• your preferences to receive marketing from us; how you wish to communicate with us; and responses
5. Our use of aggregated information
We may aggregate anonymous information such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous information is that which does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated information may be derived from our website inbuilt stats where data is collection by location, country and age range which can be used for marketing purposes and for advertisers wishing to buy our service
However, if we combine or connect aggregated information with your personal data so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined information is strictly private and confidential
6. Special personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide it
In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal data
If a basis on which we process your personal data is no longer relevant
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under
7. Information we process when you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to us
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us
We may use it in order to:
• verify your identity for security purposes
• sell products to you
• provide you with our services
• provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we enter into one with you and sign one
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated
8. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities or features
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information, for example, we ask you to agree to such services and agreements
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us by email
We aim to obtain and keep your consent to process your information. However, while we take your consent into account in decisions about whether or not to process your personal data, the withdrawal of your consent does not necessarily prevent us from continuing to process it
9. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the following basis:
• improving our services
• record-keeping for
• responding to unsolicited communication
• preventing fraudulent use of our services
• exercising our legal rights
• insuring against or obtaining
• protecting your interests
10. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
This may include your personal data.
11. Information we process to protect vital interests
In situations where processing personal information is necessary to protect someone’s life
12. Your personal data is not shared
We do not share with any third party with the exception of services such as Mailchimp and others who are our newsletter platform
13. Information you provide
Our website allows you to post information for example, when you leave a review or post a message on our website
Other examples include:
• tagging an image
• clicking on an icon
14. Payment information
We store information about your purchase, this does not include debit or credit or bank information
Payment information is never taken by us unless you have provided the information and given us consent to process it
15. Job application and employment
We process your information if you send us information in connection with a job
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the duration of employment
16. Information obtained from third parties
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
17. Third party advertising on our website
Third parties may advertise on our website. And in doing so, they give us the rights to share the content
18. Service providers and business partners
We may share your personal on our website or other, including in our emails
Use of information we collect through automated systems
• to track how you use our website
• to keep you signed into our website
20. Data may be processed outside the UK
Our websites are hosted in the UK
For complaints please email us via our website contact form. Addressing it to complaints.
We shall update this privacy notice from time to time, as necessary.
In the UK, the rights, and obligations regarding protection of an individual’s personal data are written in the Data Protection Act 2018 (the ‘DPA’ or the ‘Act’).
We are often asked whether this privacy notice is GDPR compliant. The answer is that it is, because the requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation are incorporated into the DPA.
Last updated November 2022.